Monday, February 19, 2018

The value of vacations (again).

This is almost the same post I wrote a year ago. 
This is the first week of classes for the beginning of the academic year in Australia.

In preparation for a busy semester, I took last week off work and visited my son in Canberra (where I grew up) and spent some time hiking in one of my favourite places, Kosciusko National Park. This reminded me of the importance of vacations and down time, of the therapeutic value of the nature drug, and of turning off your email occasionally.

One thing I am very thankful for is that my mental health is so much better than it was a year ago, arguably because of being pro-active.

Below is a picture of our campsite near Mount Tate. My son pointed out that it is possible that night we were the highest people in Australia since we did not see anyone else for 24 hours and you are not allowed to camp near some of the higher peaks, such as Mt. Kosciusko.



No comments:

Post a Comment